Welcome to our pastor search page. Check back here regularly for updates.
Our Pastor Search Committee (PSC) is comprised of the following members:
On the weekend of June 8-9, the members of the PSC received orientation training and were commissioned.
The position has been posted to the EPC Ministry Opportunities site, seminaries, and the congregation has been asked to encourage people they know who meet the qualifications to apply.
The PSC continues to review and process applications, and has been conducting telephone and video interviews.
Please pray for the PSC as they search for our next pastor. A prayer guide has been created to aid and guide you:
Pastor Position Description
Christ Alone Church is searching for the Pastor God has already chosen for us.
Due to the upcoming retirement of our Pastor, Christ Alone Church is searching for a dynamic spiritual and administrative leader to guide our church into a new chapter of ministry.
We are a loving, caring, praying and serving congregation who desires to advance Christ’s kingdom in hearts, in neighborhoods and into the next generation. We are seeking a pastor who shares our vision and encourages us in our mission.
The Pastor of Christ Alone Church will be expected to:
Provide Spiritual Leadership for Christian Growth and Discipleship
- Live a Christian life by example and model a life of prayer
- Lead the congregation in Bible-based worship services in the Reformed tradition and the administration of the sacraments
- Preach “scripturally sound”, “theologically informed” sermons relevant to today
- Provide pastoral care and visitation for the congregation and to those who seek comfort and guidance through the church
- Lead and encourage the congregation in missions and evangelism to the community
- Be available to members and non-members for counseling and spiritual growth
- Encourage discipleship and the discernment of gifts, leading to individual spiritual growth
Provide Administrative Leadership
- Working with both men and women, serve as moderator of the session and provide administrative leadership and guidance to the church
- Train new elders, teach the new members class, and lead other courses for spiritual growth as desired
The Pastor called to this position will be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Outstanding preaching skills; experience in a variety of worship formats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; active listening skills
- Possess a love of people, having special compassion for the hurting and the broken world.
- General duties of a solo pastor church
- Previous Pastoral experience preferred
- Academic credentials and experience needed to be ordained in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application materials, including filling out a Personal Information Form, statement of faith, and either links to online sermons or recordings of sermons on CD or DVD. Send the requested materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Christ Alone Church
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
505 East Allouez Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54301
All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Description of the Area:
Christ Alone Church is located in the village of Allouez, one of the many communities which make up the greater Green Bay area.
Green Bay is located in northeastern Wisconsin, at the doorstep of Door County which is known for its delicious cherry pie, orchards and vineyards, fish boils, and 11 historic lighthouses. We are located 117 miles north of Milwaukee and 138 miles from Madison.
Green Bay is proud of their NFL team the Green Bay Packers, the only NFL team to be owned by its fans. There are many other sports and recreational activities in the area corresponding with the four seasons.
Green Bay has excellent educational opportunities – Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC), University of Wisconsin Green Bay, St. Norbert College and Medical School, and Bellin College of Nursing.
Green Bay also has excellent medical facilities.
Be sure to view the following video about the northeast Wisconsin area:
The following links contain the Christ Alone Church information form (CIF), mission and vision statements, and financial information, as well as the pastor position description. (PDF format)