Matthew 28:19-20 “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”
Titus 2:1 “But as for you, teach what accords with strong doctrine.”
Titus 2:7 “Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.”
James 3:1 “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.”
Teaching within the Christian community is a high calling. With this calling comes the responsibility to live a godly life and to teach sound doctrine. In light of biblical and EPC constitutional mandates, the Session has established standards for those who wish to be considered for a teaching/discipleship ministry at Christ Alone Church.
Such an individual:
- professes personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior,
- regularly reads and studies the Bible,
- has a sincere desire to teach the Word of God to others,
- exhibits a godly life in private and public,
- should be an active member of the congregation,
- holds to all church policies and guidelines, including the Child Protection Policy,
- agrees that all teaching will be consistent with the mission, faith and doctrine of Christ Alone Church and the EPC,
- is approved by the Session, which has sole discretion in determining eligibility.
Approved by Session 11/10/2014