The article, Why Are the Books of the Bible Placed in a Particular Order? was shared in the Adult Bible Study class this morning.
Our current study is on the book of Phillipians; the Adult Bible Study meets in Room 11 during the Sunday School time starting at 8:30 a.m.
Mark your calendars! Our annual congregational meeting has been scheduled for Sunday, February 10 immediately following the Worship service. We will be discussing important matters in the life of the congregation, including:
- Pastor Ted’s report and vision for the congregation of Christ Alone Church for the upcoming year
- Vote on new Session members
- Receive the financial report
Please watch Pastor Ted’s weekly newsletters and the News page for more information.
Join us at Paul’s Pantry on Saturday, January 12 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. as we will once again be serving, helping in any way that’s needed. Parents, siblings and friends are welcome to join! Please let Youth Leader Abby Tobias know if you need a ride from the church or if you have any other questions.
We’re pleased to announce that we are opening our doors for Licensed Clinical Social Worker Lois Pulvermacher to offer Parenting the Love and Logic Way to the neighborhood that surrounds Christ Alone Church. In six sessions, parents will learn practical skills that can be used immediately! Areas covered include …
- Raising respectful and responsible kids.
- Avoiding un-winnable power-struggles and arguments
- Staying calm when your kids do incredibly upsetting things
- Setting enforceable limits
- Avoiding enabling and begin empowering
- Helping your kids learn from mistakes rather than repeating them
- Raising kids who are family members rather than dictators
- And much more!
When: Mondays – January 14, 21, 28, February 4, 11, 18.
- Time: 6-8 P.M.
- Where: Christ Alone Church Lounge
- Cost for all six sessions: $60 per person or $100 per couple.
- Resource workbook, required $10.
For more information, contact Lois (920-712-4526 or email@example.com) and http://www.loveandlogic.com/.
There will be no Youth Group on December 23. May you all have a blessed Christmas and New Year!
On the 30th, instead of meeting at 6 for regular youth group, we will be meeting at 5pm at Cornerstone Community Ice Center (directions here http://cornerstoneicecenter.org/cornerstone/default.asp ) for open skating from 5pm to 6:20…Admission is $4, skate rentals are $3. Please let Youth Leader Abby Tobias know if you need a ride from the church. Also, friends and family are invited, so please bring a friend for this super fun night of skating!
Our Christmas week worship schedule is as follows:
Sunday, December 23
8:30 a.m. Sunday School (ages 4-adult)
10:00 a.m. Worship Service
Monday, December 24
6:00 p.m. Christmas Eve Service of Carols & Candles